Here is a simple, yet very useful, python script for synchronizing contents of directories.
Tested under Mac OS X. Should work under Linux. I don’t know (or care) about Windows.
- Synchronize files between two directories
- Behaviour controlled through configuration file
- Batch operation mode
- No additional python modules required
- Situation, where dirs being synchronized contain a folder and a file with the same name, is ignored
- On Mac OS resource forks and other metadata is not being transferred (python shutil issue)
> Download here
This software is in early stage of development, I would appreciate if you would give me some feedback.